1) Ever since The Help, I am so comforted by the sight of Jessica Chastain’s face. I’m just glad she’s there for me, guiding me through this stressful operation.
2) For a movie where we know exactly the outcome, both trailers for Zero Dark Thirty have managed to make the actual plot seem utterly incomprehensible.
3) If that’s not the score from Sunshine in the first half of that trailer, it’s a very loving homage to it.
4) Joel Edgerton is basically the male Jessica Chastain now. Not that I’m comforted by his mere presence (I mean, he’s not bad), but that he’s in every third movie.
5) It’ll be interesting to see if audiences will be more inclined to see a movie about the war in the Middle East knowing it has a “happy” ending (i.e. We Got Bin Laden, WOOOO!). Thus far, even hugely acclaimed stuff like The Hurt Locker have not been able to attract any kind of mainstream audience.
Everything Joe said.