Here. I made you these.
I was sitting here rewatching one of my favorite Golden Girls episodes (“Hey, Look Me Over”) for the nth time and realized this line didn’t get nearly as much laughter from the live studio audience as it deserved so I made this GIF set.
A few weeks ago Tyler asked me what song was used in the trailer for Anna Karenina, thinking it was from a movie. Turns out, it was from a music studio that composes music exclusively for licensing purposes called Two Steps From Hell. Their music is meant to sound familiar, but is all entirely original. This track is called “Nero” and it’s a thrilling piece of music - spectacular even.
I set the Golden Girls opening credits to it and the result is pretty intense.
It’s Monday and I’m home eating tacos and watching Golden Girls and GIFing one of my favorite Rose Nylund punchlines. This show is timeless and perfect because it’s just one-liner after one-liner. Nothing but jokes. Anyone can laugh at it, and they can laugh at it forever.
One of my favorite Golden Girls exchanges is about eulogies.
- Blanche: What would you say at my eulogy?
- Dorothy: I guess I'd say you were a lovely, generous person. And one of the best friends I ever had.
- Blanche: Nothing about my looks?
- Dorothy: I'd say you were one of the prettiest friends I had.
- Blanche: One of?
- Dorothy: THE prettiest, Blanche. THE prettiest. What would you say about me?
- Blanche: Dorothy, come on!
- Dorothy: I told you, you can tell me!
- Blanche: All right. Well, I would say…I always felt safe having you in the house. And I would say…I always enjoyed talking to you when I came home from one of my numerous dates. And I would say I always looked up to you like an older sister.
- Dorothy: Thank you Blanche. Oh, and I forgot one thing. I would also say you were fat.
Can't Sleep. Watching The Golden Girls.
- Rose: Miles, what are you doing here? I thought you were grading papers!
- Miles: I lied.
- Rose: Oh my god, what WERE you grading?
That scene in The Golden Girls
when Dorothy sneaks into the kitchen to secretly pry open Sophia’s locked box with a bobby pin, and then Blanche and Rose walk in as Blanche says to Rose, “I oughta have you horse whipped!” but Dorothy thinks it’s Blanche scolding her for looking through Sophia’s box so Dorothy drops the box and shrieks, “I HAVEN’T EVEN OPENED THE DAMN THING!”
That’s my current tension level, and I’m not even going through the change.
Mother and child.
RE: Osama bin Ladin
The Golden Girls - Rose tells mean neighbor to “Drop dead.” She does.
"That’s the first time I ever heard anyone say ‘I’m so mad I could scream’ and actually do it!"
I wanted to post this yesterday after a terrible morning commute, but didn’t have the time or the ability to capture video. Thankfully this clip is always hilarious.