- Blanche: What would you say at my eulogy?
- Dorothy: I guess I'd say you were a lovely, generous person. And one of the best friends I ever had.
- Blanche: Nothing about my looks?
- Dorothy: I'd say you were one of the prettiest friends I had.
- Blanche: One of?
- Dorothy: THE prettiest, Blanche. THE prettiest. What would you say about me?
- Blanche: Dorothy, come on!
- Dorothy: I told you, you can tell me!
- Blanche: All right. Well, I would say…I always felt safe having you in the house. And I would say…I always enjoyed talking to you when I came home from one of my numerous dates. And I would say I always looked up to you like an older sister.
- Dorothy: Thank you Blanche. Oh, and I forgot one thing. I would also say you were fat.
- Rose: Miles, what are you doing here? I thought you were grading papers!
- Miles: I lied.
- Rose: Oh my god, what WERE you grading?
when Dorothy sneaks into the kitchen to secretly pry open Sophia’s locked box with a bobby pin, and then Blanche and Rose walk in as Blanche says to Rose, “I oughta have you horse whipped!” but Dorothy thinks it’s Blanche scolding her for looking through Sophia’s box so Dorothy drops the box and shrieks, “I HAVEN’T EVEN OPENED THE DAMN THING!”
That’s my current tension level, and I’m not even going through the change.