Out gay men whose knowing, ironic appropriation of racist tropes, and whose self-aware frankness about their own prejudice, sashays right across a line the rest of us have come to respect.
- bobby: what are you working on at the coffeeshop?
- dan: ~my poems~
- dan: jk a story for work
Dan is seeing "Rock of Ages" (Movie Version) tonight!
- Dan: ok
- im off to the races
- the races being this dumb fucking movie
- tty after
- Robert: bye
- Dan: i will?
- Robert: lol
- "rock of ages"
- Dan: can't... wait...
- Robert: "enjoy rock of ages"
- Dan: "alec baldwin"
- Robert: "catherine zeta jones"
- "featuring music from"
- "these bands"
- Dan: "and tom cruise as stacee jaxx"
- ugh i cant. on any level. bye.
This weekend I was with Dan and Christine and we were discussing how irritating and embarrassing it is to receive more than one set of chopsticks with your Chinese takeout when you ordered it all for yourself and then we made jokes about how the only person who would need more than one set of chopsticks is Vishnu because he’d be eating with three hands and doing various other tasks with the other hands and this is how I become temporarily obsessed with things and why my current iPhone background is Vishnu and why people keep sending me pictures of Vishnu and here’s Rihanna with multiple arms in the new Coldplay video.
- Dan: when whitney died
- i wanted to listen to her
- but i had none on my ipod
- so i just listened to celine
celine dion's "I Drove All Night"
- Dan: this song is also disgusting
- she wakes up the dude to have sex with him
- after she's been driving "all night"
- i wonder what she listened to on the car ride
- two guesses - her own CDs on loop
- or whitechocolatespaceegg by liz phair